Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gettin' Ready!

Jesse and I FINALLY bought a crib today. It wasn't the one we had initially picked out. I had picked one at at Walmart that I thought was cute, practical, and low in price (notice I didn't use the word cheap). Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a frugal (not cheap) but practical person. My theory is, "more doesn't always mean better."  Jesse however, is just the opposite. He wants the best of the best so when we went to Walmart yesterday and saw the crib I had picked out, it shouldn't have been a surprise that Jesse wasn't too thrilled about it. So, we went crib shopping around town and found this one at Burlington which we both really loved. Of course it was more than the one I had picked out at Walmart but it wasn't outrageous and it's a convertible crib so we will be able to use it for years to come...hopefully.  So today we bought it, brought it home and put it together. It only took us about an hour to put it together...without any swearing!



After we got the crib all put together, I started working on the bedding set. It still needs to be ironed out but we wanted to get the full picture. The bedding set turned out to be cuter than I expected and this collection has so many cute accessories so the next goal is to get matching decorations and definitely the music mobile. 

I think she's slowly going to take over our room. The plan was to have HER crib in OUR room, but I think by the end of it, we're going to have OUR bed in HER nursery. Oh well, we're happy to sacrifice. 



Now, when people ask what we've bought for Avery, we can finally say we have the crib all set up and ready to go. I was kinda feeling guilty telling people that I was in my 7th month and STILL haven't bought my daughter a thing...besides diapers.

1 comment: