Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Masterpiece!

We finally received our armoire for Avery yesterday and I just couldn't stand it; I had to take it out of the neat little box it was packaged in. Not the smartest thing I've ever done. There were box parts, styrofome, packaging material, and armoire parts strung from one end of our living room to the other. I tend to get into a little trouble when Jesse goes to work and I knew I couldn't just leave everything laying around for Jesse to trip over when he came home from work at 2am so I began the building process all by myself. Two days and 6 hours later, the armoire was finished and upright with only two screw ups during the construction. Not bad considering there were 30+ individual parts to begin with and the instructions were written by (I'm pretty sure) a two-year old.

It didn't come with a closet rod so I searched far and wide for one that would fit inside a childrens armoire and finally improvised with an adjustable curtain rod. It works right? Now I'm getting all of Avery's clothes washed so we can hang them. I'm thinking we'll put baskets under the shelf and store lotions and butt paste and all the baby goodies.


As far as the pregnancy goes, as of today, I'm 2 days shy of being 33 weeks. Which means only 7 more weeks before Avery comes....assuming she'll come on or near her due date. I had a doctors appointment today and all is well except for the fact that I have a mild bladder infection...booo! Not to worry, they're pretty common among pregnant women and mine has been pretty mild, other than the fact that I feel like I have to pee all the time. So the doctor prescribed me a 10 day antibiotic, told me to drink more fluids and sent me on my way.

Gettin Big!

The baby shower is also this weekend and I'm so excited about all who is planning on coming. I just hope the weather cooperates. Spring hasn't quite sprung here yet.  I'll definitely be posting pictures taken during the baby shower and if we can figure out our new video camera, we might even post some funny videos of the men playing baby shower games!  

1 comment:

  1. Cori that dresser is so cute! Where did you find it? It looks like Avery is getting a nice collection of clothes! Tell Baby Avery Hi from Auntie Emily! (Better yet warn her I am coming, her and I have a few weeks of chats to catch up on!) I love you sis! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete