Thursday, May 13, 2010

Too Early To Be Irritable

I've come to realize that I am at that stage of the pregnancy when it becomes oh so easy to become grumpy. Not that I want to, or it feels good, but that some people just choose to irritate me and push my buttons. Don't worry, if you're reading this thinking you might be one of those people, you're not...it's mostly people within my work or those who know nothing of this blog.


I never realized it before, but women who have had babies tend to feel that it is their maternal duty to become you're personal pregnancy guru when you're a soon-to-be new mom...whether or not you asked for their opinion. At first it was fine and now it bothers me. It's one thing to give advice but it's another thing to TELL me what I need to be doing. Whether it's telling me when I should be eating or critisizing when I plan to start my maternity leave. Sometimes I just want to tell people to back off. I make the choices I make because I feel it's the best for Avery and I, unless it seems life threatening in any way, LET IT BE!! I know without a doubt that once Avery is here, in one way or another, I will learn something the hard way, but that's what being a first time parent is all about and trying to push your values onto me only irritates me more.


And the question of the day that seems to be the most irritating is "how are you feeling." Since day 1 of this pregnancy I think I've heard that question come from someone at least once a day. Ok, I know people just care but I want to post a sign on me saying "I'm fine, I feel fat and bloated, I'll call you when things change."


This blog isn't just for the good parts of the pregnancy, but the not so good parts too and I just needed to vent a little. Some of you might be reading this thinking I'm a crazy irrational pregnant woman and others (ironically those who have been pregnant before) know exactly what I'm feeling.

1 comment:

  1. This blog post just made my day! :0) I love that you can be honest! I am guessing this is one of your clients that is driving you crazy!?! Just tell people to ZIP IT! You will be the best mom ever! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete