Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Has It Been 3 Weeks Already!?!

Tomorrow is actually Avery's 3 week "birthday" but we went to the doctor today and I thought I'd post an update since it's been awhile. We went to the doctor two weeks ago and the pediatrician was a little nervous at the fact that Avery had lost 8oz since birth. We struggled a little at the start with breastfeeding. Either she was too tired and would fall asleep during eating or we just weren't connecting but that soon resolved itself! Her appetite soon picked up and now it seems like I can't keep up with her! So today was just a check-up to make sure she was gaining weight and boy did she ever! She gained a pound and a half in two weeks! She now is up to 8lbs 15oz and she's filling out all over. The pediatrician was amazed to see just how observant she is. He was also surprised to see that she's smiling. He says babies don't usually smile until a month old and the fact that she is already shows intelligence. Aww, she must take after her mom ;o)

I also had a little amateur photo shoot at the apartment the other day and took a couple photos of Avery when she was asleep. I bought a few newborn hats online from a woman who crochets them mainly for photo props and thought I'd put them to good use. I only got 3 good pictures of her before she had enough and got mad at me :o)




(Not part of the photo shoot but just a cute shot)

She's an excellent baby. She has been getting a little fussy around 7pm but walking around the aparment with her seems to calm her down the best. She sleeps really good (almost too good) and if I'm not careful, we both sleep through feedings.

The weeks have been flying by and I'm really anxious about going back to work. It's going to be hard leaving her but I know she'll be in good hands with her daddy. She's a blessing to have around and sometimes when I look at her I'm amazed by her. To think that just 8 months ago, she looked like a little peanut in my tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment