Monday, February 6, 2012

Fun At The Park (With Shoes)

Avery loves to be outside. She would spend every waking moment outdoors if we let her. Now that the cold weather is setting in, days at the park are few and far between. Which really stinks because the Tri Cities really doesn't have any indoor playgrounds for toddlers. Jesse and I usually take Avery on a stroll through the mall when running around outdoors is out of the question.

The other day it was almost like spring weather so I grabbed Avery's jacket and shoes (which is another story) and we went to the park. 

The story behind Avery's shoes is, since she's was born, there has only been 1 pair of shoes that she's been able to wear which were soft sole crib shoes. I've bought about 12 different pairs total; some I've returned (numerous times) because they wouldn't fit and some she flat out refused to wear and now they don't fit.

Now that she's a toddler (and in a size 5) I really wanted to get her into a REAL pair of shoes. Pretty simple task right? Wrong! Avery has the widest feet EVER!!! Jesse and I went into Journey's and tried to find shoes that fit her and nothing worked. Her feet are shaped like upside down teardrops; even extra wide shoes wouldn't fit.

Then we were strolling through WalMart where I saw a pair of Garanimals that looked like they might work so I grabbed her foot and they slipped right on (with a few tugs, pulls and wiggles)

So back to the park story, I thought this would be a great time to try out her new shoes! At first she walked like a cat with tape on their paws; which was kinda cute hearing her "clomp" through the kitchen. When we got to the park though, her feet hit the dirt and she was off!!


Posing for a pic


Taking a 1 second break
I wish I would have had the video camera to record her running and playing. Sometimes she looks like a total train wreck about to happen when she really gets moving but somehow she pulls it off and stays on her feet! She makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment