Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First Baby Buy

Today we got our carpets cleaned and I needed something to occupy my time after Jesse went to work. So, I went "baby browsing" with the full intention of picking up a bouncer or swing or something fun for the baby.  Baby browsing has become my all time favorite thing to do yet, I never end up getting anything. For the first baby buy I wanted to get the best bouncer, or cutest playmat, or the most versatile swing but then there's so much to choose from that I usually end up leaving the store empty handed. Not today...nope...I actually bought something that I know the baby will appreciate...diapers!! 




I've been told by many people now that when they were expecting, they bought a package or two every payday and they were so thankful they did, so that's what I'm starting to do (better late than never right?) Even though I don't know how many diapers of each size we'll need, I'm buying a variety of sizes and brands and keeping the receipts in case we end up buying too much of a certain kind. Diapers weren't exactly on my top list of items to first buy the baby but I think it's a smart choice! Now lets pray that s/he isn't allergic to disposable diapers :o{


Also, next Wednesday is our next doctors appointment when we'll be able to schedule the BIG ultrasound (boy or girl). We don't know if it will be the same day (doubtful), week, or if we'll have to wait another week but I'll keep everyone posted once we get back from the appointment.


Also, (and this isn't baby related) but I've started the process of getting Idaho certified.  Last summer I came across a couple open secondary history positions in Twin Falls and Burley but wasn't able to apply because I wasn't Idaho certified. Bummer, I know. This year I'm hoping by becoming Idaho certified I'll broaden my opportunities and finally land a teaching job. It will most definitely be a hectic summer if I do but worth it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment